EPESI DIY EDITION / MANUAL INSTALLATION
In a previous post I was told to follow steps under this link, so that I recover my data on a new remote server (Ubuntu 18.04 ; PHP 7.2 ; PHP-FPM mode) :
This is what I did, but I am then facing a failure from the EPESI INSTALLATION WIZARD !
The failure occures when clicking the “next“ button, after the last entry for “Database server settings"
The next browser window then displays this ERROR MESSAGE:
CANNOT WRITE INTO DATA/CONFIG.PHP FILE. PLEASE DELETE THIS FILE.
(so that I can't reach the step addressing one's data recovery process)
Nevetherless, I took caution to do these on the NEW SERVER :
• create a non-root shell user that manages folders and files permissions on EPESI website
• download and place in web root (as web user) the same EPESI version than on source server : epesi-1.8.2-20171019
• create a “web user“ that owns the EPESI website database (also created)
• chmod to 777 the EPESI website folders an files as described in the “move installation“ tutorial page
• view that HTACCESS file has content as recommended from the installation wizard
• controle that “data/config.php“ file settings matches those of the database created from ISPConfig Cpanel
I seem to remember that at my very first installation of EPESI (while I was facing the same issue), I was replied to modify a parameter from “0“ to “1“ in the DATA/CONFIG.PHP file. If this makes sens to anyone please confirm and precise. But If my memory does not serve, it is probably time that I forward my “DATA/CONFIG.PHP“ file so that someone can inspect it !
I have already spent 2 weeks trying to resinstall EPESI on new server (and restore my datas) ; please make sure that your reply may guide me to achieve this.